Monday, June 11, 2007

Finding a Spot


I love the beach! As a matter of fact, all of my family loves the beach and any kind of water-related activity. Our favorite vacation is renting a big beach house in the Outer Banks and spending quality time with our family. We love being there together... swimming or sunning, watching movies, doing puzzles, each evening cooking something delicious and eating in. I am blessed to have a wonderful family that enjoys being together. This watercolor painting reminds me of when the kids were little. We would drag our stuff over the dunes and onto the beach looking for a spot to spread out our blanket. This one was a lot of fun and since it's summer, I think I'll do more beach paintings. This was done on 300 lb. cold press Arches paper. The only thing is, I think I mistakenly ordered rough paper and I don't enjoy all the texture. Close up, it looks like my beach-goers have goose bumps!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW, Doris! you are an amazing painter! I had no idea you could paint portraits! you need to be licensing some art! you go girl!

Denise
www.deniseclason.com

jack purvis said...

I like your blog Doris. The features in your portraits are meaningful. I like that. But your recent venture into watercolour and ink is worth persevering with. I like your last one.
Jack