Monday, July 9, 2007

Red Poppies in Vase

I am a member of several online art groups. The July project for the Worldwide Artists Group is to try something you've never tried before. I decided to attempt abstraction of a vase of poppies using a reference photo from Bearded Bob on WetCanvas. Here is my effort. I'm doubtful it's actually abstract art but it was a new adventure and I actually enjoyed doing it. I'm working toward a more painterly, loose style. This was a good excercise toward that goal.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Doris, I absolutely love this watercolor! It is so alive and beautiful! :-) Carol

Anonymous said...

Doris, This is such a cheerful painting--I love it! I hope ur hanging it somewhere special!!

Staying in Balance said...

I like this one as well! I have a framed pastel copy of Georgia O'Keefe's Poppy that Craig did in 8th grade hanging in my living room.