Thursday, June 19, 2008

Porsche 356 Speedster, Sunday Drive

11" x 15" Watercolor & Ink on 300lb Paper

The Porsche Speedster in this painting is from the late fifties. It is very similar to the 1961 Porsche 356B Coupe my husband owned when we got married back in 1972. We drove it on our honeymoon to the Smokey Mountains. As I painted today, the memories came flooding back and just enhanced the painting experience. The setting for this painting is a country road in Virginia called Taylor Landing Road. We were there recently, visiting a friend on a Sunday Afternoon. I knew that road with those massive pine trees would make it into a painting soon and here they are! I hope you like it. I will add a closeup for detail.

1 comment:

Watercolors by Susan Roper said...

Hi Doris - I have submitted this blog for an Arte Y Pico award. Please see my blog http://wcbysusanroper.blogspot.com/ for an explanation of this. I love reading your blog and seeing your art!