Friday, July 11, 2008

Pocomoke City Drawbridge

18" x 24" Oil on Canvas
Available at The Globe Theater Balcony Gallery

The Pocomoke River meanders through our town and the dock by this bridge is a favorite spot of mine. There is always a flock of friendly and inquisitive seagulls and various other water birds swimming and flying about, perching on the dock pilings and enjoying the river. I love taking my camera and snapping shots of the beautiful river, bridge, birds and the boats that are docked there. For decades, we have taken full advantage of this wonderful natural resource, taking the boats out to picnic at the parks along the river banks, to hike and to waterski. I was actually baptized as an adult in that river with all of my loved ones and church family around me! The ties that bind me to this beautiful river are very strong.
Recently, the Delmarva Discovery Center which is located on the riverfront, opened and is a wonderful resource of history and information about the river.
I hope you like the painting (click on image for better view) and if you are in the area will check it out the The Globe's Balcony Gallery in Berlin MD. The opening reception of their "Eastern Shore Architecture, Outbuildings and Collectibles" show is this evening at 5:00 PM. I got a preview last night when we stopped in for dinner and the show featuring Eastern Shore (VA, MD & DE) scenes and architecture is fabulous. I have several paintings and for the first time some digital art in the show. I have posted a few of the those on my other blog. Click here to view those.
Don't forget to click on the link (right side of this page) to subscribe to this blog and receive an update each time I post a painting. Click here to contact me about my paintings or a commissioned painting created especially for you. Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

RH Carpenter said...

Beautifully painted, Doris. Love the bright whites and the branch of pinks leading our eye in and the posts bracketing the star of the show :)